Photos I have taken that I like

Sunday 14 October 2007

Time to finish this blog


I have enjoyed this course and have loved seeing the entries in the competition. Gill has done really well with hers as well as everyone else and all have really put some thought into what they are taking :) My theme for this exercise was Macro and as such I am uploading some photos from Anglesey that we took last weekend :)


Wild miniature cyclamen, which was growing around the base of the trees. It was so pretty :)






I did do some housework on this photo like moving twigs and grass that I didn't want in the picture - left the leaves there, one because there were way too many to move (left the hoover at home ;)) and two because it lends itself to the time of year - Autumn :)





Unfortunately this dragonfly did not want it's photo taken on anything that you could really see him on - he stayed on this rock formation which was a water fountain :( so inconsiderate of him...... but he was gorgeously marked with green and brown stripes :)

and of course there is always the obligatory photo of my partner in crime when it comes to photography :)

The first photo was taken for Gill's entry into the Tec Pro Workshop run by Cheryl Johnson of Feelgoodphotos :) it includes 4 things to take to her desert island and they are 'toothbrush' in case there is a man friday, walking stick and tom tom together with her sudoku book whilst waiting for man friday to arrive :)
Well that's all from me for now on this blog just suffice to say that I will be carrying on taking photos and hopefully I will be able to post the odd one on here just to see if I am getting any better at it. I am looking forward to reading the blogs of all the students in this course :) Thanks for making it an enjoyable course everyone :)




1 comment:

CJ said...

I know what you mean about the wrong ISO. The 5D is capable of working at high ISO with little noise so I have it set to ISO 400 as my default - that way if I forget to change it when grabbing the camera for a quick shot I'm safe in a middle ground that way. I'd recommend to set yours to a 'safe' ISO that your camera can handle for future. When I'm shooting with high ISO I run a digi noise plugin for PS, it works a treat & might be something worth investing in if you work in low light a lot. If you want to email me a couple of shots I'll run them thru it for you to see what you think. One of the ship's I worked on back in the early 80's berthed next to QE2 every other week in New York - a grand old dame but she's had he day.

Love, Love the Jag shot - can I have high res image for the Masterclass website - fabbaroonie.

Your photography is already quite advanced and you & your partner in crime are always game for the photographic adventure so I', sure it will always be fun for you.

Hopefully we'll get together IRL for a shoot one day.

Thanks for joining in

CJx